. Almost any kind of hoop tubing can kink if you bend it hard enough. Whether the hoop gets into the wrong hands or the tubing kinks during coiling, it is the hoop owner's responsibility to thwart this catastrophe. See the repair
section for information about a quick repair.
We understand the irony of a plastic fire prop, but there is no other kind of firehoop. Yes, you can make a firehoop out of metal tubing (aluminum, titanium, etc), but if you've ever hooped with a metal hoop, you know why they're made out of plastic. It is completely the user's responsibility to avoid melting the tubing
. See the repair section for information about replacing the melted portion.
Our spines are made from stainless steel aircraft cable (aka wire rope). It's the best material for spines. It is rigid but also flexes, absorbs impact and is very hard to break (1,890 lb tensile strength). However, no matter what material it is, steel, plastic, stone, etc... repeated heating & cooling will make any material more brittle. Drops, missed-tosses and other impacts will be what finally break one or two of the strands that make up a steel cable. If a strand breaks, stop using your firehoop and replace the spine. The health and well-being of your spines is completely up to you. We've seen firehoop and Quick Wick spines last indefinitely, so take care of your gear and remember it's not indestructible. The bright side: broken spines can be replaced. See the repair section for information about replacing a broken spine.
Damaged Threads. Take care when threading your spines into the firehoop so that you do not cross-thread. This will damage the internal threading of the inserts. These are like any normal screw-into-a-nut situation, you just have line it up straight. If your threads don't catch nicely, back-out and try again. Do not force it.
This is the material that is intentionally lit on fire, so it cannot be warrantied. For most of our fire products, the wick is replaceable. See the repair section below for information about our re-wicking services.
What We Will Cover for 1 Year:
Cracked Hoop Tubing is covered under our Act of Nature Half-Price Replacement Policy. If your hoop or firehoop tubing cracks (not kinks), we will cover half of the repair or replacement cost and the return shipping.
A Permanent Spine (not a removable spine) that has come fully out the tubing (which is different from a spine breaking). If a permanent spine comes out of your hoop, we will replace your entire firehoop ...no questions asked.
: removable-spines must be tightened with a tool, not by hand. A mini-wrench
is included with every Removable-Spine Firehoop in order to obtain adequate leverage for proper tightening. Secure removable spines are left solely to the user's responsibility. Do not hand-tighten. An adequately tightened removable-spine will not come out without the strength & leverage of a tool.
The Quick Wick Lifetime Warranty
This warranty covers a clamp that will not tighten properly. Contact us if this happens. We will send you a replacement Quick Wick along with a pre-paid postage label for returning the defective item.
The Quick Wick® Half-Price Replacement Policy:
Any used or damaged Quick Wick may be returned for a half-price replacement, regardless of age. The Quick Wick owner is responsible for paying return shipping costs.
There are two ways to do this:
- Send in Quick Wicks (click here for address), and we'll send you a gift card via email. Don't forget to include your name and email.
- Or buy new Quick Wicks, send in your old ones (within 30 days, don't forget your email), and we'll refund your order for the appropriate amount.
Returns/Refunds & Exchanges:
Mailing Address & Instructions:
- For refunds or exchanges, only unused (not burnt) products may be returned.
- 25% restocking fee for all returned or exchanged custom-made products: hoops, firehoops, all staffs and fire poi.
No restocking fee for Quick Wicks, juggling gear, books, DVDs, Kevlar sleeves, etc as long as the product is in unused condition. For Quick Wicks exchanges, hold on to the Nut-Driver, as we do not include one with replacement/exchanged Quick Wicks.
- Customers are responsible for shipping costs on returns & exchanges, unless the item is being covered by warranty.
2306 Ivey Rd.
Chapel Hill NC, 27516 USA
- Please include your name, email and phone number somewhere in the package
About Restocking Fees:
Since most of our hoops and firehoops are custom-made-to-order, each one is completely unique. Once returned, it will sit around indefinitely until we are able to sell it at a discounted price. The restocking fee allows us to discount it so (hopefully) someone will buy it from our Sales
Tips for Mailing Hoops & Firehoops:
- Save the packaging that your product arrived in for a few days after arrival, just in case.
- A giant 24" pizza box works great for shipping a hoop. Try your local pizza parlor or use a box of similar size and shape. A less-ideal option is to coil the hoop down, and wrap it in brown paper. Be aware that the probability of the hoop incurring damage is increased using this method. Permanent spines can be bent-over & held down with masking tape. (For over-seas shipping, a box is a must.)
- The smaller your hoop is coiled = the more likely it is to kink, so be careful! Do not coil a single Polypro or HDPE hoop down into two loops. We coil down to 1.5 loops.
- We've found that USPS has the best rates for shipping hoops (if you're in the U.S.). Fedex and UPS also work. Please do not use plastic or Styrofoam packaging materials, and bonus points for not going crazy with tape. Avoid using packaging tape on the actual hoop, spines, etc. since it leaves a sticky residue. Masking tape works better if you need to tape your hoop / firehoop.
- If you're mailing back a "totaled" hoop/firehoop for recycling, you can cut it into small pieces and stuff it into a small box or envelope to reduce cost.
Other Important Stuff:
Please contact us first before sending in repairs, exchanges, returns, trade-ins, etc.
Customers must take full responsibility for the return. You may want to consider purchasing shipping insurance.
Please include your email address, order number or original order invoice with your return.
If exchanging Quick Wicks (not returning for a refund), hold on to the Nut-Driver, as we do not include one with replacement/exchanged Quick Wicks.
Almost any component of a firehoop can be damaged. The good news is that most kinds of breakages are repairable. The Synergy FlowArts Shop has state of the art tools and equipment for not only crafting products but repairing them as well. We are able to repair most damages, even for products from other companies.
Read about general repairs below. To inquire about a repair, send us a picture of the damage along with a short description to info@SynergyFlowArts.com. We will follow-up asap.
If your product is totaled, it can be sent to us for recycling. We can deconstruct items to separate materials properly.
Kinked tubing can often be repaired by cutting the tubing at the kink and installing a connector. This connector will usually be permanently fastened (using rivets, no push-button), returning the hoop to its original state of functionality, like Kintsugi.
Broken spines on a Permanent-Spine Firehoop are cut off and ground smooth. A new spine is installed directly next to where the old one was.
Cracked or melted tubing is usually repaired by cutting out the damaged portion of your hoop/firehoop and replacing it.
Damaged or cross-threaded hardware inside a Removable-Spine Firehoop can be adjusted, secured and re-tapped for smooth insertion. Be careful when screwing in a removable spine to not cross-thread (misalign and damage the threads).
There is a $15 base shop service fee. Add à la carte repairs:
- Repair kinked tubing: add $3 per kink.
- Replace a spine on a Permanent-Spine Firehoop: add $15 each.
- Repair cracked or melted tubing: add $10 - $25 per section.
Repair damaged / cross-threaded hardware inside a Removable-Spine Firehoop: add $3 - $15. Sometimes a quick die can clean up threading issues, otherwise the section of hoop containing the insert will need to be replaced.
Our sushi-style firehoop wicks (Permanent-Spine, Removable-Spine and Quick Wicks®) can be re-wrapped with new wick. See the layout below for costs.
- 1" wick: $6 / wick ($7 for permanent spine firehoops)
- 1.5" wick: $7 / wick ($8 for permanent spine firehoops)
- 2" wick: $8 / wick ($9 for permanent spine firehoops)
Our Mailing Address:
2306 Ivey Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516 USA
(Please include your name, email & phone number with any return)
By selecting the checkout button, the customer agrees not to hold Synergy Firehoops, LLC dba Synergy FlowArts liable for any damages incurred when using supplies and/or equipment in situations involving flammable liquids and open flame. It is assumed upon ordering that the customer has sufficient knowledge to operate, use, or otherwise work with said supplies and/or equipment. The customer further agrees that Synergy FlowArts is not liable for damages or losses that may result from information gathered from this website. No Synergy
FlowArts product is intended for use by children aged 13 or younger.
Additionally the customer agrees not to duplicate designs found and ordered on the Synergy
FlowArts website. All product designs are the intellectual property of the owners of Synergy
FlowArts and are subject to copyright law.
Synergy Firehoops LLC (dba Synergy FlowArts) is not liable for any damages incurred with any past product made by either prior company (hoopdrum LLC or Cosmic Fire LLC)
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Synergy
FlowArts is not responsible for any delays, duty/customs fees, 'no-shows' or returned goods. About 1 out of every 50 international orders may take up to 4 weeks to arrive, but most show up in 1-2 weeks.
...more awesome informational pages: